The quest for L16

I am currently looking for an original picture for the L16 L16 sign. The problem in those cases is

1. to find what the sign represents
  2. to find where it comes from

The hieroglyphica don't contain enough information for this, but the original Manuel de Codage has indirect clues about the signs origin. First it says the sign represents a wasp. Then, the sign is hand-drawn, which usually means it comes from the Worterbuch Zettel.

Hence, I typed "wasp" in the Thesaurus Linguae Aegyptiae, in order to locate the corresponding words and sources for them. For L16, the only source I found was the word tkk.t, in the pyramid texts (Spruch 627, § 1772, only in Neferkare Pepi (II)).

L16 sign from Maspéro's publication of the pyramid texts, *Recueil de Travaux* 12, p. 13.

Now I've found some sources in Recueil de Travaux 12, p. 13. The only problem is that I don't find a real facsimile (I'd rather have a good photo, in fact). Jéquier, published the monument, but he decided to concentrate on the part which where previously unpublished.

to be continued...

Serge, in other words, I believe this means you are not aware of any other inscriptions bearing the L16. If that's the case, me either....

keep up the good work. rgds Carlos