JSesh 7.5.5 is out !
I have uploaded a Youtube video about it.
(If you have problems installing it, please refer to this post).
JSesh 7.5.5 contains a number of improved features :
- the search system has been improved, and is much faster now
- a system to add new line numbers efficiently ;
- export in Unicode format of the hieroglyphic text (when possible)
- support for the new U+A7BD support of yod (see the page on transliteration)
- at least, "enclosure" signs are drawn correctly
- moved to Java9, as Java8 support is going away...
Improved Search system
In JSesh 7.4.2, you had an option to limit the length of the matched text. Obviously, it was only useful when the search included a "*" character.
Now, this search was slow. I have replaced it with a possibility to limit the length of the text skipped by "*". It's probably more straightforward, and way faster.
As an example, the following search
Will look for sequences of signs which start with i-A2, contain either r or rw, and end with A1. The "*" represents a number of arbitrary glyphs. Their number can be limited with "max skip length" (here, 3). The [...] allows to search for a number of alternative glyphs (here either r or rw).
- new files, when saved, will be correctly understood as ending with a ".gly" suffix.
- fixes to the group editor : rotation and scaling were very difficult to use.
Data and texts
- As always, information about a few signs has been added/updated
- working on Horus and Seth (P. CB I), I have found and fixed a few typos.