A few new signs asked for

Just for information. I have been asked for the following signs.

the ligature of O6+A21 [see wb IV, 189 (Ht-sr)];

a ptolemaic sign for M40 [see wb I, 127 (ist)];

a variant for E17 [see Wb IV, 136 (sTAt)].

Best regards,

S. Rosmorduc

New Glyphs

}

Hello;

Since the most recent versions of JSesh have the ability to export in SVG, this greatly facilitates access to attested ligatures in the Extended List, and some rare signs can be articulated by rotating and combining existing ones. For example, I made an O42F without resorting to InkScape or Adobe Illustrator. Yet, there are a few important texts which feature signs which have not appeared. What is the best way to share ones glyphs with other JSesh users? Should we perhaps make sets of the ones we have generated, zip them up, and put them on a blog for download?

Also, I am working on designing a set styled on non-ligatured manuscript schrift, so that I can print my edition of PtahHotep in a font that more resembles the writing one would encounter in a scroll or on a MK coffin. I want it to have the visual character of hieratic, but the legibility of monumental forms. Dialog or collaboration with others interested in a similar project would be most welcome, as there are a lot of considerations to weigh in approaching such a matter. I have some Fine Arts background though not in calligraphy, per se. I understand that the concept is somewhat synthetic, but the decorative and didactic value of such a font could prove to be considerable.

Best wishes,

Bob

Currently, the "normal" way to share would be to send me the signs (as a zipped directory). I'll include the signs "manually" on the JSesh site, after checking they are not verbatim copies of Winglyph signs (for obvious copyright reasons). I will use the same architecture as for my own signs and S. Thomas'.

One of those days, I will probably propose a system to automate this, but currently I'm a bit too busy.

Of course, another solution would be to set up another internet site, but I feel it would be better to keep everything in the same place.

Best regards, Serge Rosmorduc